Please use the contact form to let me know if you’d like to get updates on the projects at key stages, or if you would like to get involved – more on how below. And please send me any questions, suggestions, or feedback. Your contact information will not be passed on to anyone else or used for anything else.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
• Come and try outdoor swimming and learn about having fun in the water safely
• Consider helping as a volunteer at events and training
• Spread the word about the activities
• Bring a group of young people to try outdoor swimming and learning about safety
• Help map and survey the river for swimming and recreation places (training provided)
• Do you have any maps, stories, photos or info on swim places and experiences? See this page asking if you have any Outdoor Swimming photos or stories to share
Tales from the River
• Help research the history of outdoor swimming and other recreational use of our rivers in the Breckland area (training provided)
• Volunteer to help with the youth group activities
• Do you have any stories, memories, folklore, or old photos or films about outdoor swimming and other river fun in Breckland? Would you be willing to be interviewed about your memories, or can you suggest anyone else who would? See this page asking if you have any Outdoor Swimming photos or stories to share
• Do you organise outdoor/sporting/heritage activities for young people? We are talking to possible partner groups to work with us on different strands of the project. Read more in the project brief for organisers of youth groups. If you would be interested in your group getting involved, please get in touch.
These projects, Tales from the River and Healing Waters, are part of the The Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership Scheme, supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.